New Hale Buildings
About this Project
Additional on-campus housing for single students will be located behind the current single-student hales. These new hales will serve as single student dormitories. These Hales are apartment-style buildings similar to Hales 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10. They will be four stories high and will accommodate six students per room. Each floor will have approximately fourteen units. The new project will add housing for 900-1,000 single students. These Hales will also be equipped with Surf/Bike racks.
Timeline and Updates of the Project
Hale 13- Mid 2024
Hale 12 - Fall 2024
Hale 11 - Early 2025
December 23, 2022-January 3, 2023
- Waterline for Hale 12 and 11 were installed.
- Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) walls began for Hale 13 Area A Sequence 2
- Slab-on-grade has also been poured for Hale 13 Sequence 2 on December 21.
- Storm drain install in courtyard completed and waterproof Surf/Bike completed for Hale 11 and Hale 12.
- Started rebar at Sequence 3 and 2 for Hale 12.
- Concrete pour on sequence 4 and 6 Hale 12 footings.